Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Full Monty

Adrian Pang is the one new face on the Singapore acting scene I really like. I first saw him in a TV series acting as a supposedly blind man tracking down the killer who tried to do him in and was duly impressed. I then saw him in a production of Much Ado about Nothing and realised he was more than a good actor, he was a hot bod. Then he finally set up his own company with his family including his young sons and I watched the debut production, the Full Monty last Sunday.

It was excellent. The acting, the sets, the singing and choreography all came together well. I enjoyed it and laughed at all the right places. While I enjoyed the story better as a movie, and think that genre better suits a tale of down and out men who go to work as strippers to earn their keep, and find their self-respect, it remains highly enjoyable as an upbeat musical.

I look forward to Adrian Pang & family's next production.

No comments: