Saturday, September 29, 2007

433 Race Course Road




I spent some time in the last fortnight looking at shophouses in the Farrer Park area hoping to find one suitable for my office to purchase.

My trip took me down a road which turned out to be quite interesting as it had three Chinese temples on it, at least two of which were buddhist and one of which I suspect was taoist. The street also had a hotel, eating houses, and numerous pretty shophouses many of which had conservation status. Altogether a street with plenty of character and surprisingly enough reasonably quiet.

I was in two minds about whether or not I really wanted to have my office there but in the end, the decision was not mine to make so the decision was made for me. I cannot yet decide if I'm relieved or happy and I think in any case I would have been sad. Either sad because I would have to leave my current office which is very beautiful and perfect in many ways, in Holland Village, or sad that I wouldn't be able to have this shophouse to play around with and turn into a permanent beautiful little space for my work. As it turned out, the sadness was for the latter and now I'm waiting to see if my office will renew its lease on my current office.

4 comments:

Katong Gal said...

Well, it is probably for the best. Renovation work is such a hassle.

Mandy said...

That's true. I'll be happy once I get a clear go ahead to renew the lease here in HV. JTC increased the rent 16% so have to wait for internal decision before accepting it.

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katong Gal said...

Rents going up and up!