Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Backyard Cola-mentos experiment


For my nephew's birthday, my brother, decided to try out the coca-cola - mentos experiment. It works. I was never fast enough to capture the first full spurt so here is the best shot I managed to get after one of my nephews capped the bottle with his hand immediately after the mentos went in.

For those of you who have never seen this before, if you add mentos to carbonated drinks like sprite or coca-cola, the two react to form a fountain. As we were using small bottles, the fountain did not last long but if you use a large 1.5 litre bottle and more mentos sweets, then chances are you will get a result that you can capture more easily on camera.

One wonders how this was discovered. Some chap eating mentos and drinking coke perhaps?

No comments: