Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wedding Guest Shoes


Nothing like new shoes for a gal: again, I found a great buy at Charles & Keith when I was passing and in despearate need of a pair of dressy white heels for a posh wedding. My previous pair had long since expired and were duly retired.

I found this pair to be elegant and charming and on sale at an extremely reasonable price plus they went with my peach organza convered 3/4 length dress and I felt utterly chic and beautiful tottering around in them. It was all I needed to finish my outfit and give me confidence walking around the garden and tent filled with very illustrious guests in one of the large landed properties, yes, large enough to fit in an enormous wedding tent to hold all the wedding guests.

The finish to the dress and shoes was the borrowed silk evening bag from my sister and the champagne flute (filled of course with bubbly) which I wafted around with.

The best deal about the wedding was the desert cart which contained a selection of tiny, bite sized deserts, along with a glass vase full of peanut m&ms. Sadly the very attractive wedding cake composed of a very tall pyramid of multi-coloured profitioroles was not served as part of the desert. Instead, guests were comforted by having little Chinese black and red traditional bamboo carriers to carry away three types of wedding cake: kueh lapis, sugee cake and fruit cake.

One presumes the pile of profitioroles hid the real cakes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thay look so beautiful