Sunday, January 03, 2010

A Burst of Yellow


I love Christmas and have enjoyed this year's thoroughly with much feasting with friends and family. It is all about to end though with the Feast of the Epiphany so I am about to sink into a post - Christmas - back - to - work gloom. Luckily for me, there is a birth of a new baby to celebrate, and I do not mean Jesu (although that is clearly a reason too) but my sister give birth yesterday to a gorgeous healthy thumping baby boy.

So to celebrate, I bought her a bunch of yellow roses and while I was wandering around the very cold flower room at Far East Flora wholesale centre (where it is possible to buy flowers in small quantities quite cheaply), I came across a lovely bunch of deep yellow orchids which I could not resist buying. I thought to share the latter with my readers.

I do hope you like them and I will be back in full writing force by next week.

3 comments:

SweetWICK said...

Yellow is a powerful color...it immediately invokes happiness and good feelings. Thanks for the picture...nice blog!

Creative play ideas said...

So beautiful flowers and beautiful day.

Anonymous said...

You might find time to join us in between being a new auntie. Just stopping in to let you know about a place;The United States of Earth: I discovered a network of people involved in the push to protect our Constitutional rights and to swear allegiance to our country and its citizens. Come fight the tyranny of tomorrow. http://www.usofearth.com/index.php