Sunday, March 02, 2008

Birthday Celebrations


My parents, two aunts and my cousin and I recently repaired to the nearby Bintan Island, Indonesia, a short hour long ferry ride away from Singapore. We stayed in a lovely little villa part of a series of villas called Banyan Biru (after the large-ish pond which both my aunt and dad were at pains to point it was green rather than blue or "biru"). It was really a lovely birthday celebration for me and I'm very glad that so many people were actually able to make it and share these few days with me. So thank you to all of you who could make it.

I came back to a lovely surprise dinner party organised by my sister and my sister-in-law contributed lots of dishes too. It turned out to be lots and lots of scrummy food with my brother-in-law turning out a wonderful duck dish for which he made a great marmalade wine sauce. Yum!

All I can say is after 3 days of feasting and being pampered in a spa, I'm spoiled. Thank you to my dear family!

No comments: